Vast lands torn asunder by war, the people suffer magic-drinking Spires rise and merciless armies are cast out to devastate the realm. Resistances crumble, empires fall, and what was once good and light in the world falls to the Dark One's plague...The Taint.
Can you stand against the odds
and hope to win?

Register your Player Name in
ALL CAPS!

Rated Mature = 18+ Only

• Isolde Branwen
    Played by Caitlin

Aedan Bludvalder
    Played by Sato

Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Distant Fantasies RPG-D

Istari UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Moorland Manor Abrora The Wicked Within The Arrow image image image

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   
    DUNGEON MISTRESS -- Holiday Absence board is up so we can keep track of when we can start up the campaign and such again! Thanks for replying!
    SATO -- The October Activity Check is up - so make sure to check in!
    SATO -- Welcome to Warlands, Raven!
    RAINE -- Welcome to Warlands, Gaza!
    SATO -- Welcome, Gaza!
    DUNGEON MISTRESS -- Sounds great!
    GAZA -- Thanks very much! I will try to finish the required reading and get a concept up by tomorrow http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply New Topic Start Poll

City of Dreams, [[open]]
    Cheveyo Windrider
     Posted: May 6 2017, 01:40 PM

Rokk
    Tamirilian Elf
    Ranger
    Fortress Wall, Lyseria
    Neutral Good
    Level 1-5
    Member Inventory: View

8th July 502 AS

To say that Rathis was the city of Chey's dreams would be... truthful, but also inaccurate. It was a city he had had dreams of, that was true, but Chey was a nomad by nature, and cities as a whole made him a little antsy. Or they made a part of him antsy, the part that had been born most recently from what he'd gathered from the lore and the tales he'd tracked down since the dreams had started. He had only recently had his application for citizenship accepted, but the days since had been hectic all around as far as he could tell. The week since his acceptance into Lyserian society had been one in which a war had been won, and so things were pretty up in the air and Chey had to concentrate to figure out why. He understood the language of this country - well, the Elven language at any rate, and Common, which was spoken just about everywhere - but he didn't know the history of it. And although he was generally speaking more of a physical person than an intellectual one, he figured that understanding the history of this place - Lyseria in general but Rathis in particular - might help him understand himself too.

It was, perhaps, a little simplistic. Chey was not unintelligent, but since his father's death he'd somewhat neglected the books he'd read so avidly as a youngster. Not that many of them would have detailed the history of Lyseria in any case: Chey was as Tamirillian as they came, and well aware that his race was getting him some attention as he walked through the streets of the city. He didn't know how fast word spread or didn't spread here, but he took it in his stride, as he did most things. Without giving it away on his face, he understood the words that followed him as he walked through the streets, observant eyes keeping a watch out for potential trouble or potential aid. That was what he was used to doing, after all, watching his own back. He'd been told that he would be required to fight for Lyseria as a citizen, and he'd accepted that, and accepted also that he would be doing so in a unit and not off on his own as was his usual style, but right now Chey was in unfamiliar territory and thus falling back on familiar patterns, even going so far as to occasionally scan the skies for signs of his hawk. Stormsurge had been settled into the Eyrie, of course, but Landdare was a wild animal, not a trained creature. For all the pair of them were companions, Chey was sure that the hawk wouldn't venture into the city all that much.

Generally speaking, Chey had a pretty good sense of spacial awareness. Certainly he was not usually the type to run headlong into somebody. But then he wasn't used to being in a settlement larger than a small town either. He particularly wasn't used to crowds, being a hunter more than he was any sort of trader. And truth be told, he was cloud gathering just a little as he stepped forwards into a space that was actually occupied by someone else. The shock of the collision brought him back to his senses, and he had the good grace to dip his head in apology as his hands shot out to keep the subject of his own out of character clumsiness from falling.

"My apologies," he started, his Lyserian accent almost perfect. "I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."
    Jhilsara Nitharel
     Posted: May 15 2017, 01:36 PM

Raine
    Lyserian Elf
    Bounty Huntress
    Rathis, Lyseria
    Neutral Good
    Post-Only Character

The city was never one of her favourite places to be but it was the only place to pick up certain supplies that was required as a bounty huntress. Shopping through the market and bargaining with the owners, Jhilsara had managed to find everything that she needed for her next hunt. Hand on her sword and bow string strapped across her chest, she pulled on the reigns of the horse and walked through the crowded streets. Wanting to leave the city already when she had only been there for less than two hours but she was already sick down to her stomach.

As she turned the corner, she collided into a rather tall male and caught her footing before she would fall on her butt. Jhil was about to apologize when the other party had done so quicker than she had. Waving her hand dismissively, “I apologize as well, I wasn’t watching either and caught in my own thoughts.” She didn’t smile nor was there a frown, she didn’t wear much of an expression and her vibe was just empty. Not welcoming or threatening and tilted her head back to look up at the stranger before her.

A Tamirilian elf that held an almost perfect Lyserian accent, how rare. “Rare to see a Tamirilian elf be able to speak Lyserian so well.” Jhil stated in a nonchalantly kind of voice and nodded her head. “Now, since there were no injuries to the accident just now, I bid you farewell.” Needing to get out of there soon as she got nervous around crowds. It was already bad enough it took a while for her to get all the supplies she needed but to prolong her stay just because of a stranger and an accidental bump that created no harm, no point of wasting either ones time.
    Cheveyo Windrider
     Posted: May 15 2017, 02:39 PM

Rokk
    Tamirilian Elf
    Ranger
    Fortress Wall, Lyseria
    Neutral Good
    Level 1-5

Nobody at fault then. Chey could live with that, and in most cases he would have left it at that, but the woman drew attention to his accent, and that sort of thing tended to make him... not talkative, exactly, but more attentive, certainly. Most people here might double take then smile awkwardly and speak to him, or excuse themselves from his none-too-inconspicuous presence. He made people a little nervous, he could understand that. Difference was dangerous, and Chey was different here. The problem was that he was different in most places. As the woman said, it was rare for a Tamirilian to speak such good Lyserian. Especially one who had only been in the country a matter of days, all things told.

"About that," he said, noticing that the woman seemed uncomfortable but not wanting to let her leave so easily now that a conversation could possibly come from it. "I could do with some help, finding my way around. Getting away from the crowds. Don't suppose you'd know of anyone who could help with that?"

He made sure not to touch her, although part of him wanted to just stop her from walking off. She was armed and so was he, but he doubted that fighting in the street over something as small as an attempted conversation would go down well with anyone. He could tell that she wasn't a fan of crowds - most people who didn't mind them wouldn't be so quick to try and leave - but you couldn't make an omelette without breaking eggs, and Chey needed someone to talk to. He wasn't a big believer in Fate or anything like that, but the fact was that they had bumped into one another and he would have to be an idiot not to take advantage of that.

"I can pay for the information," he added, aware that nothing good came for free. "And not just in coin."
    Jhilsara Nitharel
     Posted: May 18 2017, 06:54 PM

Raine
    Lyserian Elf
    Bounty Huntress
    Rathis, Lyseria
    Neutral Good
    Post-Only Character

Eager to leave the city and back to the quietness of the forest. When the male before her spoke and suddenly ask for help. Jhilsara was not pleased at the fact he not only stopped her from leaving but also asked for help. Her eyes narrowed and became sharp as a dagger, wanting it to be clear at the fact just because she wasn’t bothered by the accident just now, it did not equal to you can bother her now. Along with the whole ‘just because I’m short, it does not mean I can’t hurt you”.

Lifting a brow ad a smirk played upon her lovely features, he was a smart cookie to not have touched her. If he did, Jhilsara would’ve made damn sure he would’ve been rendered down to just one arm. She usually was this hostile but with the whole crowd, uneasiness, discomfort and stress levels rising up quickly, it made her want to lash out more easily as she sought out her peace. Yet his last comment made her eyes narrow down to slits.

Jhilsara tilted her head back and her hand rested upon the hilt of her long sword. “Payment not just in coin? Are you saying that because I’m a woman? I doubt you would say such a rude thing to other men. Just because I’m a lone female right now, it does not mean I’m so lonely that I’m desperate enough to spread my legs open for any man that just ask. You want someone to help you, go to the local tavern or an Inn for that.” Clicking her tongue, she pulled on her horse’s rein and began to walk away once more. Not waiting for his reaction or reply to what she said just now, not wanting to be held up any longer than she needed. She wanted to leave right away.
    Cheveyo Windrider
     Posted: May 25 2017, 02:46 AM

Rokk
    Tamirilian Elf
    Ranger
    Fortress Wall, Lyseria
    Neutral Good
    Level 1-5

Chey realised that what he'd said could be misconstrued within seconds of the words leaving his mouth, but it was too late for him to take back the words. He could have quickly expanded on his meaning, but not quickly enough; it seemed that the already uncomfortable woman had an edge on reaction times compared to him, and was already berating him because she'd decided he'd meant that he would willingly sleep with her in lieu of giving her money for information.

To be fair, if she had suggested sex as a payment he wouldn't have said no, because he was a warm blooded male and she wasn't a bad looking woman. But it certainly hadn't been his intention, and he had to step up his pace to keep from having to shout at her to make himself understood.

"And just because I'm male you automatically think I was offering sex?" he countered, managing to keep pace with the woman. Spend a few years corralling horses and you'd learn to move pretty quickly, and to deal with capricious creatures that could easily do you damage if you put a foot wrong. But while his wording had admittedly been sloppy he wasn't going to let the woman get away with tarring him with a brush that she thought had been used on her. He wasn't the sort to let bullshit parade as an ideology.

"I was offering information," he clarified, just to… well, probably to piss her off more but whatever. "Unless you'd prefer gold. And for your information, a freebie if you will, I'll have you know that gender's not top of my list when it comes to who I wind up in bed with."

A local inn or tavern might be a good place to start, of course. That much she had provided him with, and he was grateful for it, although inns and taverns tended to be a little more difficult for him to assess than people. But he wasn't just going to let her insult him and walk away, any more than he would have let a male do the same. If she wanted equality, then she would have to accept that too. It wasn't his fault that her mind was obviously in the gutter.
    Jhilsara Nitharel
     Posted: May 29 2017, 12:07 PM

Raine
    Lyserian Elf
    Bounty Huntress
    Rathis, Lyseria
    Neutral Good
    Post-Only Character

Jhilsara left at a very brisk manner only to notice the male from before catch up to her and it made her that much more uncomfortable. What the hell did he want? Glaring at him when he threw back the same accusation she had spat at him and it irritated all the more. What was his problem and why the hell did he had to bother her? There were so many people on the damn street! She wanted to so badly bite his head off just so he would leave her alone but she gritted her teeth and continued to walk away yet he clung to her like white on rice.

Offering her information? Jhilsara had never asked him for anything nor did she made any intention of exchanging anything with him. She was dead set sure she did not say anything misleading or anything that could be misunderstood. Ugh, really? Too much information when they were not even acquaintance to have him tell her what his preference was in bed. Literally, she did not need to know that nor did she care at all. Not one bit, not ever, no way in hell.

“Stop following me, there’s tons of people around you can ask. I’m not the only one here and you speak Lyserian well enough to ask anyone. If you have the money, I’m sure anybody would take up your offer. So leave me the hell alone and go find someone who cares because I do not.” Jhilsara spoke in a hefty breathless manner as she became more and more stressed out. Not just because of the crowd but the stupid idiot next to her that seemed to not have anything else better to do but to bother her. She just wanted to get out of here quickly, was that so much to ask? Plenty of elves around for him to bother.
    Cheveyo Windrider
     Posted: Jul 1 2017, 07:01 PM

Rokk
    Tamirilian Elf
    Ranger
    Fortress Wall, Lyseria
    Neutral Good
    Level 1-5

A prickly person. Normally Chey might have taken her advice and found someone else to talk to, but... Well, there wasn't really any but to it. He had no good reason to keep bothering this woman, but he wasn't going to let that stop him. Contact had been made, and as a result he wanted to work with it. Going through this type of farce all over again didn't appeal to him at all. Of course getting the woman to understand that would be no mean feat.

"You're not the only one here, but you're the only one talking to me. Even in a negative fashion. Look, I get that you're eager to get out of here. I won't drag you any further into town or anything, in fact I know a couple of good copses near the city walls if you prefer a night under the stars I just... I'm not particularly good at people, as you can tell... So someone I already broke the ice with talking to me, even if only briefly... Well, I'd appreciate it."

It would either work or it wouldn't. And if it didn't then he'd just have to cloud gather his way into some other person's life and see what information he could get out of them. There was a part of him that felt this might be the best course of action in any case, since the woman was hardly the most charming person he'd ever met, but Chey had been training horses to respond to him for over a century, and was nothing if not stubborn. Of course people weren't horses and it seemed that this woman had a stubborn streak as long as Chey's own, but he was damned if he was going to give up so easily just when he'd gotten someone to talk to him.

"My name is Cheveyo Windrider," he introduced himself, as if giving her a name might make her a little bit more friendly. "I'd just like to talk to you about a few things is all."
    Jhilsara Nitharel
     Posted: Jul 15 2017, 10:18 AM

Raine
    Lyserian Elf
    Bounty Huntress
    Rathis, Lyseria
    Neutral Good
    Post-Only Character

Of course she was the only one talking to him currently when he chased her down the street like a mad person and won’t even try to talk to anyone else. However there was no point for Jhilsara to even try and reason that fact into his head since his skull was too thick to penetrate. It would only irritate her that much more if she tried to continue to push him away. She halted and shot daggers at him when he mentioned about night under the stars over talking in town.

Why does every single thing that came out of his mouth is so misleading and sound so ugh. Jhilsara stood there silently as he kept yapping away and introduced himself and reinforced the fact, he just wanted to talk. With how the male was, he was just as stubborn as her and in reality, she did snap his head off just because of her own history. Getting a few coins never hurt but to take him out of the city where they are alone, might not be a smart move on her part especially if he ended up doing something but she couldn’t handle staying in the city any longer. Good thing she had a warhorse with her.

Her hand gripped the reins tightly and instinctively her left thumb crossed her palm to touch her wedding ring for comfort. The symbol of her lost marriage when her husband was killed. Jhilsara shifted her gaze away from Cheveyo and began to walk again without any words. When she took a few steps, she turned to look over her shoulder and back at him. “Aren’t you coming?” When he started to follow once more, she guided him through the city and out the gates to a nearby river not far from the city.

Jhilsara guided her horse to the river and it began to drink, she patted its neck gently and stared at the water. “Ask what you need quickly and leave when I’ve answered all your questions.” The wind blew gently through the nearby forest and over the water, playfully rousing their clothes and hair as she stood there, waiting for his questions.
    Cheveyo Windrider
     Posted: Aug 9 2017, 06:22 AM

Rokk
    Tamirilian Elf
    Ranger
    Fortress Wall, Lyseria
    Neutral Good
    Level 1-5

Cheveyo had no doubt that his shining personality and good looks had nothing to do with the woman acquiescing to his requests. He wasn't trying to hit on her, and he wasn't trying to make a friend of her either; you didn't make friends by chasing people down until they talked to you. Chey was socially adept enough to recognise that, but stubborn enough to latch on to people regardless. As a stranger in a city full of people with a distrust of foreigners, you had to take what you could get, and if that put other people's noses out of joint then so be it. Obviously this was unlikely to be a lasting friendship given the start they'd gotten off to, and as a result… Well, perhaps he was pushing a bit too hard. He could make his defences, of course, excuse himself by saying that pushing onwards was what one did with horses, but he sensed that perhaps that wouldn't be the most diplomatic response to this situation. He doubted any woman would appreciate being compared to a horse, even if the intent was vaguely complimentary in nature.

Once they were out in the open, Chey found himself momentarily silenced. Not by the woman, particularly, just by… himself, really. There was a brief moment of déjà vu, even though he was a hundred per cent certain that he, personally, had never been her before. He'd entered the city by air, and mostly been restricted to where others could keep an eye on him until his citizenship was verified. But… this place felt familiar, in some way. The trees were a little thicker, perhaps, and the river ran a little slower, but… Chey shook his head to clear it, although the memories remained, and he still felt uncomfortable.

"My apologies. Something about this place hit a nerve."

He'd heard stories, of course, of people who suffered head injuries and lost their memories and were able to regain them by visiting places they'd been to regularly before. But… he hadn't lost any memories. He'd hit his head a few times, it was something of an occupational hazard when you raised horses, but never hard enough to cause him to lose track of who he was. But here… Lyseria was where he was supposed to be, this place told him that, but he didn't know why.

"And that's kind of the point," he added, as much to himself as to the woman. "I probably should have asked this before following you out here, but how well do you know Rathis?"

((roll for diplomacy))
    Jhilsara Nitharel
     Posted: Aug 15 2017, 04:18 PM

Raine
    Lyserian Elf
    Bounty Huntress
    Rathis, Lyseria
    Neutral Good
    Post-Only Character

Jhilsara was met with silence when she told the elf to ask what he needed so she waited for a moment. Arching her brow slightly, feeling rather impatient as she stared at the water. She turned to look at the male’s direction to see what the hold-up was and wore a confused expression. This place hit a nerve for him? Looking around, she couldn’t disagree that this area could possibly look similar to other places. Maybe this place reminded him of him? Not like she cared and stayed silent, waiting for him to speak.

Blinking for a moment, again with the riddle like conversation with her and wondered if he hit his head or something now. Jhilsara perked an eyebrow at his question and looked at him directly. “If I didn’t know Rathis well, I would’ve told you so and I’m sure that would’ve gotten you off my back immediately but I didn’t. That should be a good enough answer to your question.”

Not knowing why his question had annoyed her but maybe it was the very fact, if that was the case, she could’ve left him behind and not be bothered? Not like it mattered much now since they were both here and that small bit of information was not true and Jhilsara was not the kind to lie either. “So what do you want to know about Rathis? You seem to be looking for something specific that only locals know about or something.”
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 2  Add Reply New Topic Start Poll

Mobile VersionDelete Cookies  Mark Board as Read