Vast lands torn asunder by war, the people suffer magic-drinking Spires rise and merciless armies are cast out to devastate the realm. Resistances crumble, empires fall, and what was once good and light in the world falls to the Dark One's plague...The Taint.
Can you stand against the odds
and hope to win?

Register your Player Name in
ALL CAPS!

Rated Mature = 18+ Only

• Isolde Branwen
    Played by Caitlin

Aedan Bludvalder
    Played by Sato

Top RP Sites Top RP Sites Distant Fantasies RPG-D

Istari UNTIL DAYLIGHT: POST-APOC, TLOU BASED Moorland Manor Abrora The Wicked Within The Arrow image image image

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules   
    DUNGEON MISTRESS -- Holiday Absence board is up so we can keep track of when we can start up the campaign and such again! Thanks for replying!
    SATO -- The October Activity Check is up - so make sure to check in!
    SATO -- Welcome to Warlands, Raven!
    RAINE -- Welcome to Warlands, Gaza!
    SATO -- Welcome, Gaza!
    DUNGEON MISTRESS -- Sounds great!
    GAZA -- Thanks very much! I will try to finish the required reading and get a concept up by tomorrow http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/smile.gif

[ Smilies | BBCodes ]

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply New Topic Start Poll

Baby Drama, Roderick and Illyriel
    Roderick Kramar
     Posted: Sep 30 2016, 03:22 PM

King of Hembria
    Ram
    Half-Adventhian Dragon, Half-Kadmian Human
    Aldcliff, Hembria
    Lawful Neutral
    Level 21+
    Member Inventory: View

5 Augana 502 AS

King of Hembria, it was a title he still found himself getting used to. The kingdom hard fought for and still recovering from the war that had dismantled the nation's entire nobility and armies was a constant state of work for the new monarch. He spent nearly every waking moments of his days either at council or meeting with foreign dignitaries to settle old accounts, or to create new agreements. With barely time to himself, his work had often taken him well into the night and early mornings when attending to his dealings as the now ruling king. Unfortunately, such things also kept him far from his wife when she was not in attendance at his council meetings. Welcome as she was of course, Roderick had found himself habitually ushering her away from otherwise boring meetings, both to save her interests in helping the people and to make certain she failed at over-exerting herself in her pregnancy.

Attending another afternoon meeting among dignitaries in the confines of his grand, diplomatic wing, members of Lyseria and Vihera alike were present, along with representatives of Marul and other ruling parties. Perhaps the most vexxing in attendance, were the dwarf clans who represented not only themselves but the giants as well. Everything from arms to coin were discussed and the heated state of conversation was enough to make the monarch's head spin thrice over on itself. Chin resting lazily on his palm as he sat his elbow upon the oaken tabletop, Roderick entertained all complaints, negotiations and desires in due process. The Lyserians desired more iron, the dwarves wished for more wood, dragons desired gems and artifacts, Marul wished for coin, and Vihera for horses. All trade deals that required individual attention but demanded it at the same time.

Waving arguments away with his own presence, the Demi-God King demanded silence long enough for him to speak Hembria's own part. For his citizenry, of course he would prioritize but with Hembria's reconstruction and debts alike to foreign powers, Roderick played a dangerous game of checks and balances. What he needed most in this world, was unification and though he would not demand the subservience of Lyseria and Vihera's diplomats, he would certainly expect of both nations to keep themselves from chomping at the bit to collect. He had opened Hembria's borders without restraints to merchants, craftsman and travel alike, creating a sudden boom in the international economy for Northern Kadmus and Sylvernas alike. It was a move that, though profitable also came with scrambling dignitaries demanding their own piece of the pie.

Nearly vexed beyond reason, the appearance of one of his own guard allowed Roderick a rare opportunity to pause the meeting. Receiving word of his requested presence from his wife, the Lord Father excused himself, only to be met with outcry among those gathered. A hard hand upon the table and a booming voice of authority soon found the trespassers silenced without question though. Laying his plans in cement before each of them, the king made certain each representative knew their part to take back to their respective Lords and Ladies. Maintaining Hembria's sovereignty in that instant, Hembria's king left the massive chamber to take to the halls.

Barely recognizing the time, it was the word of the guardsmen that surprised him in revealing that he'd been within the meeting for nearly six hours already, and dinner was on the horizon. Shaking his head at the thought, Roderick found himself certain he'd receive scolding from his wife for having allowed foreigners to leach his time from him as they had. With a swift pace, the Lord Father took to the royal wing, noting the presence of his guardsmen with a brief nod before taking to the interior in his hunt for his wife. Making way to their own private bedchambers, a familiar, tiny voice greeted him with a giggle, little Hector on the floor among his playthings.

Roderick offered the boy a grin and lifted his low crawling form from the ground with a happy launch into the air before catching him to hold his son close. Looking for his wife among the room, his eyes found her quickly, seated in a rocking chair not far from where their son had played. "I hear my beloved queen calls for her ki-." Stopped short in his lighthearted call to his wife, Roderick's multi-colored gaze fell hard upon the half-elf queen, and the tiny, black haired thing she held in her arms, roughly the same age as Hector but certainly not the product of his own loins, particularly with the small patches of black scale that formed at the infant's elbows and knees. "Wife?"
    Illyriel Kramar
     Posted: Sep 30 2016, 04:04 PM

Queen of Hembria
    Sato
    Half-Lyserian Elf
    Lady, Druid, Sorceress, Witch
    Aldcliff, Hembria
    Neutral Good
    Level 11-15

Tucked away in their private suites - after a thorough scouring and redecorating of the whole wing after the fall of the former Hembrian nobility - Illyriel swayed to a song she was humming as she rocked the little bundle in her arms. Her own nursemaid was watching Hector with a jovial eye while the half-elven Queen made sure the draconian in her arms was kept occupied. She'd always adored children, and had traveled far and wide in her time away from court to make sure the young ones across the wilds had medicine and protection.

Lifting her whiskey-gold gaze from the tiny babe in her arms, Illyriel watched her husband approach and pause when caution gave way to concern. Having just changed the little one after his feeding - a mixture of milk and blood, thanks to his draconic heritage - she hadn't a chance to put him back into his dress shirt yet. The little one had fussed a big, and needed some burping before he could be put down for slumber. Taking in her husband's expression, she had a feeling he was going to need something stronger than milk as well.

"Husband." Illyriel offered him a radiant smile and left the warmth of the hearth she had been pacing in order to press a kiss to her husband's throat. As she brought the babe closer, she could feel the little one turn his head to look up at the King - as though dragon blood called to dragon blood. Or perhaps it was because Roderick had a booming voice? She could only assume the child's father had the same deep tone as well - being a Sargothian draconian and ruler of a rebelling city in the Darklands. That commanded respect in it's own.

"This is Nykolai." She turned the baby draconian around fully in her arms and cradled him so that he could gaze up full at the man she had wed and bore young. Taking his little hand in hers, she gave his chubby fist a wave and smiled before nuzzling the beautiful little boy. His jet black hair was something only the Darklands could have produced, but his bright eyes spoke of something wondrous. In her loving, protective embrace, she turned her eyes up to Roderick and met his gaze full on. "An heir to Harmalk... and the Darklands."

With her last words, her tone turned serious, and Illyriel made absolutely certain by the lines of her body that she was already set on protecting this child. He may have been born of an evil background, but she was fully aware that there were good Sargothian-blooded members of their very own society. They had both traveled with one when she was pregnant with Hector, and the Lady of Cloudvale had taken one for her mate. "His parents have entrusted us with his well-being and upbringing, as a protected ward of Hembria."
    Roderick Kramar
     Posted: Sep 30 2016, 05:21 PM

King of Hembria
    Ram
    Aldcliff, Hembria
    Lawful Neutral
    Level 21+

Though his wife smiled, Roderick did not mirror his wife's demeanor. Instead, he looked on her with a stoic expression, hard and unyielding before the defiant woman that was his wife. Brow furrowing, even as he held their own son in his arms, Hembria's king handed the infant to the nursemaid and sent her on her way with a quick order. For what was surely to come next, he would have neither servant or his son present, as the King's demeanor quickly found itself flirting the line of hostility the more his wife spoke her revelations of the child. An orphan he could handle, even rolls his eyes, smile and laugh at before conceding to Illyriel. But this? This was no mere orphan in her arms, the jet black hair, bright blue eyes and dark scales upon the infant's joints were proof of that.

Perhaps it was the Adventhian blood that coursed through his magic induced veins that predispositioned him to a hesitation around those of Sargothian descent? Hearing that the child was not just of a darker, draconic heritage but heir as well to two locations he meant to steer clear of for the time being? It was enough to set the Lord Father on edge and his fangs to gnash against themselves in a silent argument with his wife. Roderick's mind raced with thoughts and questions alike, the most prominent of such being how the child had made it to Hembria without his knowing. Few in these lands could move now without his knowing, not with his Raiders turned Guard patrolling the vast realm that was his kingdom. Even fewer could move unnoticed with such a package in their possession.

Unfortunately for the little Nykolai, Roderick bore the infant an obvious disdain, his nose crinkling on itself and upper lip quivering to that of a snarl. "Have they? And when was I to be consulted before the spawn of the Empress would be brought into my House, under my Rule...without my agreement?" Growling with his words, the demi-god king looked to his wife with a hard challenge in his words. Clearly made upset by the presence of such a high interest infant as this, his mind turned itself to war and politics, of the consequences for such a child remaining in Aldcliff, or even Hembria itself. His usurping of power in Hembria was still new, and his armies were only just now beginning to stabilize across his realm. And now? Now an infant, the spawn of a Berminan traitor, and the Empress lived in his domain, most specifically, within his palace? It was a notion that could very well cause the whole of the Empire to come crashing hard on Hembria's borders.

Turning away from his wife in that moment, Roderick paced the room in visible frustration before peeling back to stand before the woman in all his anger-filled glory. Towering before the woman, he found himself lacking in knowing precisely what to do. Finding his voice once more, his clawed finger pointed directly at the babe before making his decree. "I will have no spawn of the Empress reside within my borders, much less my palace...especially without me first being consulted. I care not how it is done but he will be returned to Harmalk, even if I have to take him myself. I would not risk the safety of these lands for the sake of a babe spawned by a pairing most foul as Harmalk and the Empire." Snarling with his words, the titanic king loomed over his wife, his harsh gaze reflecting the turbulent storm of emotions that crept just beneath the surface of his barely controlled self.
    Illyriel Kramar
     Posted: Sep 30 2016, 05:56 PM

Queen of Hembria
    Sato
    Half-Lyserian Elf
    Aldcliff, Hembria
    Neutral Good
    Level 11-15

Having known about the child since before she left Rosepoint - where the Spirefellers had brought him for safekeeping in the first place - Illyriel figured her husband would react this way. She had gone over this moment a thousand times in her mind, playing all the scenarios over and over. She could have kept him in Vihera. Could have gone to the Queen and voiced her concerns over the child. But that wasn't what the parents had wanted. They wanted him as far away from the Dark Empress and the dangers in the Darklands as possible.

She could have kept him from Roderick as well. Simply integrated him into the new orphanage she had been working on - converting one of the former Councilmen estates into grounds for the abandoned children of this war. She had already employed a great number of wonderful, carefully chosen widows to help aid the home. They would have everything they needed, and all from the charities Illyriel managed from home - only now they would bring it all here to help ease the suffering of the children of the war she was apart of.

"...and if the child were simply an orphan?" Illyriel didn't succumb to her husband's intimidation tactics. She had seen him at his absolute worst - when he had been cursed by the Taint and unable to control himself. And she had seen him at his best, and the better always shone more brightly to her. Lifting her chin, she squared her shoulders and dug in her heels for a fight. "Abandoned by an exiled mother along the side of the road, where the Spirefellers found him, and brought him to the benevolent new King and Queen - hoping to show an innocent baby mercy?"

Her voice was soft and calm, but pressed with an edge of challenge as well. Spelling out to him the exact story she and the Spirefellers had already created to help protect the innocent boy's true identity, Illyriel set her hips to a rocking motion to help soothe the little one. Babies could always sense tension, and the fact that her husband was the avatar of Creyos likely didn't help. All she had to do was show him her side, and if he still refused, there were always other options.

"Is this not my home as well? Was I not also by your side when we set foot upon these lands and liberated this city from oppression? Does my throne not sit beside yours? Do we not share the same heir to the territory we worked so hard to rule?" Illyriel spoke with nothing but honest question, for he had said himself that he wanted to rule these lands with her by his side. She had taken him as her husband knowing his mind was set for the throne of Hembria, and even during the worst of times, she had remained loyally by his side.

"I want to have a hand in raising this innocent child, Roderick - like all the others left without loving parents. To show him something better than the people who created him." In her molten gold gaze, her husband would find all the love and compassion she bore for any innocent child. Their own included. "If you cannot see all of that, then I will go to Vihera with him, and speak to Saerythra instead. But I'll not return him to the pits of hell that await him at the Empress' breast."
    Roderick Kramar
     Posted: Sep 30 2016, 06:39 PM

King of Hembria
    Ram
    Aldcliff, Hembria
    Lawful Neutral
    Level 21+

Met by stout resistance, courtesy of his wife and queen, Roderick only glowered at her with the harsh gaze of an exhausted ruler. Already, he had been fighting the mental battles of diplomacy and trade. Now? Now he was expected to battle his wife over the fate of an infant that was the product of evil itself? How else could he react except in hostility? It mattered not if the child was "Innocent", the infant's innocent was not the matter of question. What ultimately mattered to Roderick was the welfare of his people, and making certain no undue threats were cast upon them, such as taking the son of the Empress in his home. Resolute before his wife as best as he could muster, Roderick offered her his physical resistance by remaining standing.

Alas, the woman spoke as eloquently as she ever did, and for it, left her husband feeling drained just at the notion of arguing over the infant. "It is your home...but just as it is your position to care for those who cannot care for themselves, it is my place to care for the safety of my nation as a whole, and all of its people." Mustering a reply as the man descended from his own resolution, Roderick sought the nearest chair to seat himself in with an exasperated sigh. Frustrated and tired, what else could she expect him to do? If she meant to keep the child and have her hand in raising him, then what would come of her going to Vihera? Saerythra and Lexsandr faced an infinite number of problems all their own, for they shared borders with Bermina and the Darklands alike. No, taking the infant to Saerythra would be a foolish act for all involved.

Scratching his head and rubbing his eyes, Roderick let loose a long groan of displeasure at the entirety of the matter. "But of course you would give me an ultimatum. Vihera could not take this child because of their borders. Lyseria could not take him because of theirs. And the boy would likely not survive a boat ride long enough to see him to Sylvernas for safe keeping." Weighing her position with every word Illyriel spoke, Roderick spoke as though going through a checklist in his mind. He'd not send his wife to Vihera over an infant, not when she was already carrying another within her womb. In his eyes at that moment, his wife would see defeat, not for herself but instead in the eyes of her husband.

Cursing beneath his breath as he rose from his chair, Hembria's king approached its queen and the child she held. "There'll be no arguing this with you...will there?" Passing his gaze to his wife, Roderick slowly took in the picture of the tiny, draconian babe she held and reached for the boy. Though he refused to take him from her, he still offered the young Nykolai his clawed finger, feeling the strength of the infant's squeeze as the boy wrapped his fist around his finger. Cracking on the slightest of smiles at the corner of his lips, Roderick observed the infant in all of his innocence and thought hard on the matter before resigning himself completely to his wife's whims. "Keep him then...but if his breeding proves him afoul, I will not hesitate to rip him free of this world and send his soul beyond the Veils."
    Illyriel Kramar
     Posted: Sep 30 2016, 07:00 PM

Queen of Hembria
    Sato
    Half-Lyserian Elf
    Aldcliff, Hembria
    Neutral Good
    Level 11-15

Illyriel held her breath while Roderick struggled with everything she had already reasoned through. The child had been brought to them for a goodly number of reasons - all of which had been purposefully calculated. He was the avatar of war, a new king that would have no immediate challengers, and held one of the largest standing armies. Anyone who knew her, as well, knew her affinity for the weak and helpless - children in particular. She wasn't about to turn an innocent baby away simply because of his birthright or parents.

Watching him take to the chair to afford himself a moment to think, Illyriel simply continued to rock - swaying her hips from side to side so that her silk brocade gown swept at the soft rug, and the baby in her arms began to settle. With a full belly and night fast approaching, she knew he was getting sleepy. While she hoped to have him tucked away in a comfortable room in the orphanage by now, she didn't dare make any move to leave until she had her husband's decision on the matter. Though he already knew he was right - there really was no arguing with her.

Watching accept the baby's fate filled her breast with pride, and a smile blossomed upon her lips as he approached and offered little Nykolai his finger - as though making an offering of trust and peace before the boy was capable of understanding what it meant for him in the future. If nothing else, the child could afford their own son a proper playmate when he came of age, and perhaps a confidante in the coming wars he would have to face against the Dark Empress. Cupping Roderick's face, she rose to her toes and pressed a kiss to his lips.

"You've made a wise decision, my king." And she would make sure he understood just how much it meant to her that he trusted his wife enough to keep such a dangerous weapon so close to her breast. For the time being, however, she wanted to see the boy tucked away for the night in the comfort and safety of his own room. Sliding her hand into her husband's, she nodded towards the door. "Would you like to accompany me to the new orphanage I have in the works? I've had crews working on it day and night to make a proper home here on the castle grounds."

It was to be a home for the orphans of former councilmen, slaves, and soldiers alike - all left behind by the deaths of their parents, and with no one else to care for them. Widows came out of the woodwork to volunteer a helping hand - in both raising and educating the children, as well as protecting them. She even hired cooks, tutors, and musicians to make it more than just an orphanage. It was a large project, but she had great faith in everything they could accomplish if they put their minds to it. "And don't worry - the charity I've set up already covers all the fees for years to come."
    Roderick Kramar
     Posted: Oct 3 2016, 11:48 AM

King of Hembria
    Ram
    Aldcliff, Hembria
    Lawful Neutral
    Level 21+

Bested by his wife in yet another bout, Roderick only offered her a mock look of malcontent before smiling. Ever the bothersome woman, he seemed to constantly forget that her stubbornness may very well run deeper than his own. However sore he might have been over the matter, his inhibitions faded to the backdrop when Illyriel took his face for a light kiss. Sighing with exasperation at her opinion of his decision, Hembria's king only rolled his eyes with a soft chuckle. "We will see, the boy must still grow into a man before we know the kind of person he will be." Assured though he might have been by his wife's words, there remained a reasonable apprehension in the monarch's mind regarding the boy. Never had he met one born of such foul stock, and for that, he would remain suspicious of the infant until his doubts could be proven false.

Roderick's massive hand taken by the tiny thing that was his wife, he followed her guiding path as she spoke of the orphanage. He'd been aware of her charity that would have its home upon his own palace grounds, and thus far, had no qualms. Rather, he had been pleased beyond bounds when he had heard of his wife's intentions to turn the estate of a former lord upon the palace grounds into a home for the orphaned children of his city. War had unfortunately ripped many a child from the arms of their parents but in many cases, such children were the orphaned young of former, corrupt nobility. Hard as a life of an orphan might be, he would've preferred such for each of those who would reside within his walls, than have ever maintained the status quo of Hembria's former Inquisition.

Guided through the halls, he looked quietly to the babe in Illyriel's arms, and halted them all but briefly as an itch dug at the back of his mind. Taking the Empire-son in his own arms, the babe was easily dwarfed by the great, Hembrian king. Cradling the babe with ease, his hard features softened to that of a fatherly gaze, teasing the child with a soft knuckle against Nykolai's cheeks to earn a gurgled giggle. Vile as his parents might have been, the child showed the same light of innocence in his dazzling blue, draconian eyes. Ripe as the scent of sargothian blood also was in the infant, it was all quickly overwhelmed by the babe's ignorance of the world, Nykolai's only interest being the massive, clawed fingers of the monarch who carried him.

Passing a brief smile to his wife, Roderick nodded for them to continue their walk to the former estate turned orphanage. "He is a charming boy." Brief words of resignation to the innocence he carried, the demi-god refused to return the child to his wife as they walked, his own, multi-colored eyes looking to the infant with every step. Nykolai's jet black hair was striking, and his eyes equally so. His physical appearance alone made him wonder precisely how long they could keep the babe's identity a secret, and for that, Roderick's own mind lingered hard upon matters of state. "See to it that the College personally attends to the security of your orphanage. If he is discovered, I would have all of Hembria's magics rally to the place he is to call home." A pit forming in his stomach with his words, Roderick feared not for backlash from the Empire in that matter, rather, he absentmindedly dedicated himself to seeing that the Empire's heir was properly protected, raised and trained. Give the boy time enough to grow and prove himself, and perhaps he would see Nykolai trained by the college and himself alike.
    Illyriel Kramar
     Posted: Jul 10 2017, 10:43 AM

Queen of Hembria
    Sato
    Half-Lyserian Elf
    Aldcliff, Hembria
    Neutral Good
    Level 11-15

------------------------------

With her husband's well-wishes towards the boy secured, Illyriel saw him well cared for. She knew discretion was key to his survival as well - even if it was doubtful the Empress would bother looking to the newly-conquered Hembria for her lost child. Like any of the orphans brought under her wing, the Queen saw to it he was given proper bedding, a wet-nurse, and round the clock care for anything he might need. There were so many parents killed during the wars, that it was no wonder they had so many children to look after and provide for now.

With the help of old and new Hembrians alike, she was able to transform a former manor home of a member of the Decimvirate into a suitable orphanage. The funds came from her own purse, and the volunteers were a great aide as well. Gliding down the long halls, she helped tuck the little ones into bed after a nighttime story, and then helped see to the infants. It would seem one little boy wasn't cooperating like he should have. Taking up young Nykolai from the exhausted wetnurse, Illyriel smiled and carried the infant off into the gardens out back for some quiet time alone.

Bidding her personal guards remain at the entrance to the gardens, she wished for some space from prying eyes. It wasn't an easy task to nurse a draconian, after all - and she was already exhausted from the day. Already feeling secure within her home, Illyriel was no mere woman to trifle with on her own as it was. Enriched with the powers of earth and hearth, the Witch Queen of Hmebria could easily take care of herself. And if nothing else, her guards were a single shout away - Bulwark being the largest and most dangerous of the Warforged her husband himself created.

Loosening her corset strings, she took up a seat upon the bench beside the flowing fountain and placed the mewling infant to her swollen breast. Still nursing her own son, Hector, her supply was rich - likely with the aid of the growing babe within her womb as well. Flooded with maternal hormones, Illyriel had been careful to put her emotional outbursts to good use - seeing to the raising of gardens, planting of trees, and tending to the welfare of women and children in her new homeland. She wanted to set an example as the new Queen of Hembria.

Gazing down upon little Nykolai as he sank his tiny fangs into her plump breast, and rank deep from her bosom, Illyriel's face was alight with maternal grace - and was yet shadowed by the grief she held for him. For the boy's story was a tragic one, and she hoped to protect him from it as best as she could. Stroking his tiny round face, she sang a gentle lullaby and rocked him a bit as the lulling sound of the fountain rushed around them. All-consumed by her task, the young mother didn't even notice there were eyes upon her...
    Baldr Thralsyth
     Posted: Jul 12 2017, 09:44 AM

Lord of Harmalk
    Ram
    Sargothian Dragon
    Hellfire Warlock
    Harmalk, Darklands
    Lawful Evil
    Level 16-20

A being far better suited for an open address, rather than skulking about, stealth was a matter ill-suited for a man such as himself, still, it was a necessity at times, even despite all the powers he held. Ill-suited to stay stagnant where matters of his line were concerned, a concerned father was likely the sort of figure he'd ever envisioned himself to be, yet, here he was, ready to beat down doors and otherwise lead a conquering army, just for the sake of seeing his namesake once more. But of course, his visitation would be done in secret, and absent any such hostilities as a roaving army. Instead, it was by the cover of night and carefully prepared magics, that he'd transport himself across the countless miles from Harmalk to Aldcliff. Though, it was done with some great significance of magical aptitude, for the people to whom his son had been given for safety were more than apt to use magics to keep the boy's location and identity a secret. Still, what were a few dozen layers of magic to a Great Wyrm King such as himself?

With parting words to his own Queen, Baldr Thralsyth, the Dragon King of Harmalk vanished from the sanctity of his own home by way of quiet, powerful magics. Spirited away across the countryside in a near instant, his appearance would only be barely marked in the gardens of the palace grounds. Smoke whisped about his feet, and his slitted blue eyes scanned the darkness of the grounds around him as he observed his surroundings for potential threats. After all, he couldn't imagine the sudden appearance of a strange man on the grounds of Hembria's own King would be a welcome thing, should he be discovered. Casting his gaze to the night sky, he couldn't help but marvel at the sights the royal grounds offered just from this momentary glance. Nostrils filled with the scents of countless flowering plants and buds, his senses hunted for the real purpose of his arrival, barely catching the scent of a babe, blood, and milk alike.

Gliding across the earthen floor, Baldr's very movements were like that of an otherworldly being, infernal and arcane magics alike hiding his presence and sounds until an oddity of a vision presented itself to him. There, alongside a great fountain, sat a woman whose identity could be known to any who bothered to learn the features of the nations' royalty. And upon her bosom, a raven-haired boy whom he'd recognize under all circumstances. Though he'd have preferred the boy to rest upon the breast of his own queen, he couldn't help but acknowledge the worthiness of a Queen to be fit to feed the son of a king such as himself. Silent as the dead, he lurked in the shadows for several minutes, watching and waiting until he was certain young Nykolai was properly fed before he dared make his presence known.

"You seem a woman well accustomed to the fangs of a dragon." His silken, baratone voice filling the air between them, Baldr stepped within the light of the world once more. His body cast in the regal finery of his house, the full of his attire was black, trimmed in gold and purple leading to the length of his fur-lined cloak where, upon its black, was emblazoned the draconic visage of Harmalk itself. No doubt, his identity would be a thing of immediate recognition for anyone abreast of nobility as his footsteps continued to draw him ever closer to the breastfeeding woman and infant. Halting but a mere few feet from where Illyriel sat, the Sargothian king clearly held an absence of regard for her exposed nature, ice-blue gaze shifting from her and to the boy in equal time. "He's grown."
    Illyriel Kramar
     Posted: Jul 12 2017, 10:13 AM

Queen of Hembria
    Sato
    Half-Lyserian Elf
    Aldcliff, Hembria
    Neutral Good
    Level 11-15

Made a meal of mother's milk and fresh, warm blood for the child, Illyriel nursed the young draconian with all the love she might bear her own children. It was a small matter of simply caring for his well-being, and knowing that he was his own person - regardless of his bloodline. A bloodline that sought to know him as a figure stepped out of the shadows. Rising up swiftly to come to the defense of the child, the Witch Queen turned her glowing gold eyes upon the intruder and drew up a shield of protection about her and the babe.

The raw powers of the earth itself filled her spare hand while another cradled the infant protectively against her - the trees of the garden swaying as though moved by a gust of powerful wind. A single word uttered from her lips loudly enough would bring the sum of Hembria's army down upon the man before her. Yet she stilled her tongue and took in the visage of the father whom's child she nursed. Elenaril - the would be empress who had delivered the babe unto her care - had given a very fine description of Harmalk's new ruler, and Illyriel would not see him come to harm. Yet.

"As a boy properly cared for does." Her usually soothing tone was sharp with purpose - supplying words that would put voice to her cares so far as the child in her arms went. Her blood-red gown shifted about her as she took a single, defiant step forward, as though to show the Sargothian that she was unafraid of him. The Witch Queen of Hembria feared no man or woman that walked the realms, and there was a deadly conviction to be found in her unwavering gaze. She'd die in the protection of the innocent - regardless of their birth.

"You've come unbidden, Lord of Harmalk." Her pointed chin lifted and her words cutting enough to reveal that she knew who he was. Hopefully, there was enough bite to her tone that he understood that she didn't appreciate being snuck up on, as well. The Darklands and their lords had been the enemies of her homeland for thousands of years, and as such, they would always be met with heavy distrust and hostility. However, the rebels within those lands would be given pardon and accepted into the fold of their short list of allies.

"But not entirely unwelcome." Illyriel's voice softened as she slowly lowered her hand and dismissed the gathering spell - telling herself that she was in no danger here, though it took a moment for her body to respond accordingly. Relaxing before a Sargothian dragon wasn't exactly in her nature. Her eyes never wavering from the man, she slowly sank into a proper curtsy of introduction before rising again to stand tall as she might with her lithe, elven frame. "I am, Illyriel Kramar, the Witch Queen of Hembria, and your son is in my personal care now."

As though the man couldn't see quite plainly just how personally she had taken on the role of surrogate mother, Illyriel wanted it known that she would fight and care for the infant in all regards. Though not of her own womb, she'd come to enjoy the challenge he set for her - and loved his precious little soul for the smiles he afforded her in return. Even now, her gentle fingers stroked the infant's black hair as a true mother would the babe turned from her breast to set his eyes upon his father. "I do hope you haven't come to take him from me. I've grown rather fond of him."
    1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
    0 Members:

View Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 2  Add Reply New Topic Start Poll

Mobile VersionDelete Cookies  Mark Board as Read